We are rolling out an initial version of Underlay dubbed
build-target-1. This build target focuses on providing enough structure to have a discussion around three topics:
- The definition and use of shared schemas
- The workflow and interfaces for adding data
- The interfaces for using data stored in different collections How do you want to use data?
1. Shared schemas
Some questions we're interested in understanding:
- Are there common schemas you already use in practice?
- Are there specific things that you wish were consistentl represented in a common way across groups?
2. Data workflows
- What tools do you use for data work at the moment?
- Who is involved in your existing data workflows?
- Do you want outside contributors to your datasets?
- If so, what interfaces do you think would be easiest for those contributors to use? Web forms? APIs? Direct UX editing?
3. Data usage
- Who is using the data you produce?
- Do you know how people will use your data before you publish it?
- What format does your data normally get used in?